Monday, October 27, 2008

GTA 4 Review

Finally I know, but I had to absorb the game that lasts about three years for me for at least a few months. Grand Theft Auto IV is by far the best in the series becaues it has everything that the others were missng and a little more.

I want to talk about one flaw first. The Game can become repetitive offline. When Hardcore gamers become somewhat addicted to GTAIV, they may become mad that there isnt more to do, but that is where online comes in. You can create your own online games, or you can play the given ones, like the one where you have to work together to evade the cops. Totally customizable characters online is a seller for me.

This game was a huge project, and really what I found was different to any of the other games was the shooting and driving. The driving is a little more challenging at first, but when you get the hang of it, I think it was a better style and a more realistic feel. Aim was inverted in all the other gta games, here it wasnt and the crosshairs are easily seen snd used to kill enemies. What I found to be another flaw was that I would have a subway held up, and have cops running down the stairs and the aiming system would not easily allow me to aim to the target I want to, it might keep aiming at a dead body of one of my "victims".

Another big change to the previous gta titles was the graphics, the graphics are great in gta4 and up to par with next gen games. Making the game so much more stylish and enjoyable. With a lasting appeal through the roof I need not mention too much about it. Sound finally was good, and had a lot of original, fresh ideas that made me feel more apart of the game. I was just driving along the sidewalk, as one would, and hit a hobo, he yelled out "I don't have any Banana's!"

A great game, perfect? no, but damn good.

No comments: